Friday, March 13, 2015

Making Tea cake - Biskwet in Cebu

The husband has been telling me stories of how great his grandmother was. According to him, grandma loves to cook. She cooks for everybody; and she can cook fast too. One day, my husband told me how he missed his grandma's tea cake. Honestly I don't know what a tea cake is. LOL! But anyway, because he is craving for a tea cake we decided to look for recipes in the Internet.

...and Voila! We found one. The recipe is not complicated at all. So one Saturday evening after dinner, we decided to play around the kitchen. He was my chef and I was his assistant. According to the recipe chill the dough overnight, so that's what we did. Then the next day( Sunday morning) we finished our tea cake.

Hubby and I enjoyed the tea cake like a kid. When at first I don't have any idea what a tea cake was, now I knew. We have this kind of cookie when I was a kid; and we called it biskwet (cebuano version of biscuit).

So today while hubby is at work, I made him some tea cake to snack on. I hope he will enjoy eating it and hopefully this will give him a flashback again of how wonderful grandma was. 

BLESSED 40!

Wow! I am that old?... Time sure just went out of the window so quickly. But looking back in the past 20 years of my life (let's just st...